Wednesday, February 3, 2016

PICTURES, MUFFINS AND HIMALAYAN SALT LAMP



Okay, you will never know how hard this has been for me to add this picture!!! I will not promise that I can do it again. About 80% of my readers come from googling  "Cooking For Bob".......the Googlers don't have a clue what I look like so this is for all of you, here I am.
Now, for those of you that know me, you know that I really don't cook "healthy" I love butter, cream, sugar, meat and especially meat with a lot of fat and I love deep fat fried foods.  But now and then, I run across a recipe that is deemed "healthy" and decide to give it a try. 
 
 
These muffins are made with lots of grated vegetables........they are so good, I will definitely make them again. 
In a big bowl add: 1/2 cup grated apple, 1/2 cup grated carrots, 1/2 cup grated zucchini or beets, and 1/3 cup of brown sugar, 1 shot of honey (1 Tblsp) 1/2 cup olive oil and 2 eggs. Gently mix this all together and then add 1 cup flour, 1 tsp baking soda, 1 tsp cinnamon and a tiny salt. Fold all together. Last, fold in 1/3 cup of raisins and 1/3 cup flaky coconut. Bake is greased muffin tins at 350 degrees for about 20 min. I made mine in a mini muffin tin, as it makes me think I can eat 12 of them and I won't be eating as much! I also left out the raisins and then my dogs can have one as a treat. Bake in the mini tin for about 15 min.
Do you feel guilty if you don't clean your plate even if you are full?
Breathing Rosemary can help to increase your memory.........I am filling my house with rosemary!
Do you know how to tell if a pineapple is ripe? This came from my son, the Chef, Dustin, pull on the leaves in the center at the top, if they come loose, its ripe. All these years I've been smelling it. LOL!
My daughter, Misty, bought me a Himalayan salt lamp. I am so excited.....it is suppose to remove all the impurities in the air. It also tastes good!
I will be working on posting pictures of my food dishes...............please be patient......
 
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment