Sunday, January 10, 2016

FOOTBALL SUNDAY AND CHICKEN WINGS! AND HALF OF A CAKE!

Well, I have discovered there are good things and there are bad things about living alone. One good thing I have found is that I can eat whatever I want to, whenever I want to.  So today, I ate an entire half of a chocolate angel food cake! Actually it was a half of a half. I saw a cooking show where Trisha Yearwood made a chocolate angel food cake. It looked so good.....I jumped up and made a half of one......I have a small bunt pan so made it in that. I ate half of it while watching the Seahawks and the Vikings. Can you even believe how exciting these playoff games are?!
So, I am also a creature of habit. On Sundays Bob and I always had chicken wings while we watched our Nascar races. So its chicken wings for the playoff games today. Now I know there are lots of recipes for chicken wings. There are Chinese sticky wings, there are barbeque sauce wings and there are hot wings. Well, really the original chicken wings were the hot ones and that is what I make. I have given you this recipe in the past but I'll give it to you again. So easy and by far the best hot wings you will ever eat. I promise.
Cut your wings into three pieces.....I always fry the tiny ends......worth a bite.
Deep fat fry the wing pieces for about 10 min a batch. I have a deep fat fryer but you can fry them in a heavy pan on the stove top also. (about 350-375 degrees)
remove, place on paper towel and then into a 9 x 13 pan. I always use a glass pan
In a saucepan on stove melt one stick of butter and pour in one 12 oz bottle of Louisianna Hot Sauce.........stir.....bring to a boil.......shut off the heat.
When you have finished frying all of the wings......pour the sauce over all of them and turn them to coat.
Into the oven 350 for about 30 minutes.........I always turn them once while cooking.
Serve with celery sticks and ranch dressing.
That's it folks.......Now back to the game.
AND No, I didn't win the 900 million but will shoot for the 1.3 billion on Wed. I did get the power ball.......worth $12.00!

No comments:

Post a Comment