Tuesday, January 26, 2016

MAKE UP AND GUACAMOLE!

I guess I have got to buy one of those lighted, magnifying make up mirrors.  I am seeing strange things on my face.......I had NO idea were there. Have you ever seen an old lady with a black hair growing out of her face somewhere and thought OMG why wouldn't she get rid of that hair?! Well, now I know.......she can't see it, folks. That poor old lady cannot see that hair or any of those other strange things. Even if she has glasses....makes no difference. Do you wonder why she has those rosy cheeks, black eye brows and red lips that go out of the lines? Well, that's it........she doesn't have a clue! She can't see. The moral of this story is...........more patience and understanding for these poor old ladies that tend to look like clowns, now you know why.

So, did you love the play offs on Sunday? Well, anyway, the Broncos, Patriots game was really exciting. Sorry for the Cardinals, was really cheering for them, since I lived in Phoenix for 10 years and still have family and friends there. Peyton and Cam.....wow, am hoping for a good game, will be a fun day! So, on Sunday I told you I would be eating chili and apple pie, I ended up eating guacamole and home made chips and a chocolate angel food cake! Did eat the chili the next day.
I know there are many ways to make guacamole........I will give you my real Mexican recipe. First and foremost.........NEVER put your avocados in the blender and turn your guacamole into mush or baby food!
2 perfect ripe avocados, peeled and spooned into a bowl
Mash up a bit with a fork.........not too mushed, just a little.
Add Chopped purple onion, 1 small chopped serrano pepper (seeded) , juice of a lime and about 1 tsp salt. I use Kosher salt for almost all of my cooking. I keep it and my course ground pepper in two little fancy Mexican dishes by my stove. This is the way the Mexicans make guacamole.   I usually add  a chopped tomato. Its up to you. AND people fry your own chips.......cut up fresh tortillas and fry.......so simple and sooooo much better!
Remember if you miss some of these posts or you are just looking for something to read........you can always google Cooking For Bob.  I really enjoy hearing from you. Also, if you have a recipe you are searching for.........I have it.

No comments:

Post a Comment