Thursday, January 21, 2016

TIRES AND CHEESECAKE FOR ONE

First, if you didn't try the bean soup in my last blog.......you really need to. So good, I just finished my last bowl yesterday.
Okay, so a couple days ago I decided that while my car was cold I needed to check a few things. I checked the oil, fine, I checked the water, fine and then I checked the air in the tires, 5 #'s low. Oh, dear. Now I know that in cold weather your tires loose some air but I felt 5 #'s was a little too much. Being alone, I worry about having a blow out or some kind of tire problem. So, I pulled the car around to my garage door, got out the air compressor but do you think I could figure out how to attach my valve stem attachment to the air compressor? NO. The reason you are hearing this story......is that, as much as I hate it, my memory is slowing waaaaay up! I stood in the garage going through all of Bobs tools, talking loudly to myself, furious that I could not remember how to attach the two together. Finally I gave up. A few days later Bobs son, Bill, reminded me of how I did it before with the coupler. Oh, yes, now I remember. But he also said, 5#'s is not too much. I just need to watch it. Okay, that's done.
Do you ever get so hungry for cheesecake but don't really want to make one? I do. I refuse to buy a frozen one and to make one is just too much. But, I found the best recipe for one or two people.  Its so simple and believe me, it tastes just like a real baked cheesecake!
First make your crust: 1 cup graham cracker crumbs, 1/4 c. melted butter and 2 T sugar
Mix and press into a buttered 9" pie tin. No cooking.
Now, mix tog. 8 oz softened cream cheese. 1/2 cup sugar, 1 Tblsp lemon juice, dash of vanilla and dash of salt.......beat in 2 eggs, one at a time and pour into the pie crust. Bake for 25 min at 325 degrees.
Remove and stir tog. 3/4 c sour cream and 2 Tblsp sugar  and smear over the warm cheesecake and back into the oven for 10 more min. Cool on the rack for an hour and then in frig for a couple hours.
I was so impressed with this.......serve with strawberries or blueberries or both thawed. I keep those in the freezer at all times.
Now, I was thinking. Does anyone still eat tapioca or tuna fish casserole? I do. My poor daughter Misty, had to sit at the dining room table for a couple hours, when she was about 5 years old because she refused to even take one bite of tuna casserole! She still hates it!  Enjoy the cheesecake!

1 comment:

  1. Glad you figured the tire thing out. I guess men are needed.

    ReplyDelete