Monday, January 16, 2012

MEAT LOAF, I KNOW, BUT IT IS A MEATLOAF DAY..........

I am sure I have given you this recipe before but its good to remind you of how good it is!! I always have tons of compliments on my meatloaf and we know there are hundreds of ways to prepare it..........I just think mine is the best way.........give it a try.

In a bowl mix 1 lb of hamburger with about 1/2 cup chopped onion and 1/2 cup of chopped green pepper.  To this add 1 egg, salt, pepper and a shot of cayenne. Then add 1 lrg piece of white bread that you have gently torn into small pieces.  If you have a normal slice of bread, use 1 1/2 slices.  This makes a huge difference........when you use those dry bread crumbs.......it makes your meatloaf hard.......the bread tends to puff up and make the meatloaf lighter. Now mush all of that tog and form into a sort of fat oval.

This is one of the other differences........put this glob on a cookie sheet and smear the whole thing with olive oil..........oven 350 for 1 hour.  This gives you a crispy outer crust and soft moist inside.............SOOOOOO good with a baked potato.  ENJOY!

1 comment:

  1. I love this meatloaf. I just put it in a timed bake oven and will have it tonight. Thanks for this wonderful source of good recipes.

    ReplyDelete