Thursday, January 12, 2012

PARMESAN CHICKEN

I know it is still National Soup month but my dear friend, Jean, and I were speaking yesterday about this Parmesan chicken.  I couldn't remember exactly how I made it so had to dig out the recipe.  If you like Parmesan cheese and you like chicken this recipe is for you!

Take about 3 chicken breasts, half them, and pat dry. In a bowl whisk tog about 3 Tblsp Dijon mustard, a shot of white wine, salt and pepper and add the chicken pieces.
In a shallow dish mix 1/2 cup freshly grated Parmesan cheese and 1/2 cup breadcrumbs. If you don't have dried........just tear your white bread into tiny pieces. Drizzle the breadcrumb mixture with a bit of melted butter.
Heat oven to 450 degrees (I know that is hot...so watch it) Butter a cookie sheet.........take the breast from the marinade and roll around in the crumbs.........pat both sides and lay on the sheet.  Bake in oven for about 25 min.........watch it........if too hot........turn down to 400 degrees.  The Parmesan gives the chicken a nutty crunchy flavor.......you'll love it!

No comments:

Post a Comment