Saturday, May 21, 2011

ANOTHER RACE DAY!!!!!!!!!!

Yesterday........it rained sheets of rain all day........my day was spent trying to keep my baby plants from drowning!  I was successful and everybody survived beautifully and grew about 2 inches!  So we had frozen ham and beans and "cornbread" for a quick meal.  Bob prides himself on cornbread.........never makes it the same twice......never uses a recipe and it is always delicious BUT guess what happened?  He made the cornbread and put it in the oven while the beans were cooking.........I took it out and cut into it and to my surprise........it was like a large biscuit..........he FORGOT the cornmeal!!!  He used Bisquick but forgot the cornmeal.........I laughed so hard........he'll never live that one down!

So, today because we have TWO races......the Preakness and the Nascar Shoot Out.........it was another snack day........barbecued burgers and stuffed peppers.  My son-in-law Eric, turned me onto stuffing the small sweet/hot yellow peppers with cream cheese and grilling them............Oh, were they good! Thanks, Eric. 

No comments:

Post a Comment