Monday, May 23, 2011

LEMON CHICKEN MY SECOND TRY!

I was almost through with this post when Ben our dog, knocked my modem off the desk (tangled in the cords) So...........I lost everything.........here I go again.  We are very happy to report we survived all the tornado's last night.  We were in a tornado warning all night. After moving to Tornado Alley........we have become prepared.  We have a plan. Our most prized possessions are our dogs........so each of us will grab a dog and head to a corner we have picked as safest. We have blankets and pillows ready. I talked before about the strange things we tend to grab.  I put my Mothers diamond ring in my bra.  Put Bobs bill fold in my purse and packed them in the bottom drawer of a dresser...........which really was ridiculous......neither had a money in them! 

So, we had Lemon Chicken today.  I guarantee you, if you try this.........you will never eat a more moist wonderful chicken ever!  Take a nice roaster and put in a 9 x 13 pan.  Set the oven to 425. Make a paste of about 2 Tblsp of Kosher salt, 3 Tblsp of lemon juice, 2 finely chopped green onions, and about 4 Tblsp of soft butter.  Mush this all up and rub in the cavity of the chicken, pull the skin back from the breast and rub under the skin........save a little to rub on top of skin. Slice a lemon into thin slices and place these under the skin on top of breast.  Then put 1 quartered lemon, rind and all, in the cavity along with 1/2 of an onion.  Bake at 425 for 40 minutes, turn to 350 and place a tin foil tent over the chicken and bake about another hour.  Check for doneness. (I guess I just made that word up LOL)  Now, I promise..........you will love this chicken and make it over and over.  Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment