Tuesday, May 31, 2011

I hope everyone had a great Memorial Day weekend.  We are so appreciative of our soldiers and what they are sacrificing for our country. I'm sure each of us knows someone that is serving.........we're so proud of you, Ryan........you are in our thoughts and prayers.

We all have days when things just don't go as well as other days........right?  You know how you walk into a room and then stand there and wonder why you are in that room.  This seems to happen alot at my age.  I walked by my beautiful rosemary plant and decided on Italian food today.  It took awhile standing in the kitchen and wondering what I was going to cook today..............I walked again to the back door........saw the plant and Wawla!! Its spaghetti today!

I know that in one of my first blogs I talked about making your own spaghetti sauce but will cover it again.......as have some new people following and they may not have seen it.  AND........I never make it the same twice.  LOL

Today I have some ground Italian sausage........so browned that in a pot with a tiny olive oil and along with chopped garlic, onion and green peppers.  Once this had sauteed nicely.......I added some chopped fresh rosemary, dried mexican oregano, and a little thyme.  Then I added 1 can of tomato sauce and two cans of water........put a lid on.......let simmer a couple hours.  Just before serving add tomato paste.......enough to thicken.  You can buy those tubes of tomato paste and they are nice but expensive. If you just use the can................what you don't need throw into a baggy and into the freezer.  I am always digging out the frozen tomato paste when I only need a tablespoon.  Bob and I really like the angel hair pasta with our spaghetti sauce.  Boil up your pasta........throw a little french bread in the oven with butter and garlic salt, fresh salad and there you are.......arivederci!

No comments:

Post a Comment