Saturday, May 28, 2011

MEMORIAL DAY.........ALMOST

The weather just never is what we want...........we have had so much rain and of course tornado's.........and NOW it is tooooo hot!! I guess I am never satisfied.  So, got out the umbrella for our patio table.......sitting there was so nice Bob decided he wanted to barbecue some ribs.  He's in charge although it just kills me not to tell him how to do it.  I've got to learn that he does know how to barbecue........so stay out of it! 

I made macaroni salad to go with the ribs.  This recipe comes from Betty Bluejacket Heinzen........years ago......when she was cooking at the Bluejackets Super Club in Shell Wyoming. She was gracious enough to give me the recipe in detail.  I have never changed it and must have made it a thousand times. Boil up your pasta........you can use any kind of pasta from "bow ties", med elbows, small elbows........today I used mostaccioli.  Boil a couple eggs and chop those up. Chop in very small pieces (I think this was Bettys secret.......small pieces) purple onion, a couple stalks of celery, green olives, cheddar cheese, and sweet relish.  Seems like I am forgetting something..........maybe not. Anyway, dump that all tog with the pasta and add a large dollop of mayo and a couple large squirts of mustard, salt and pepper and mix.....put in frig. My favorite..........love for a snack while watching tv the next day!

Tomorrow I will give you the recipe for a special red, white and blue berry dessert........no, its not that jello one...........much better.

No comments:

Post a Comment