Sunday, May 1, 2011

FRESH CORN ON THE COB! IT'S A FRESH DAY!

Can you even believe........the first of May and we have fresh corn on the cob........the really good kind....little yellow and white kernels!  To us that live or have lived in Mexico........this is a real big treat.  I guess it comes from Texas.  So today was steaks, fresh corn on the cob, little fresh yellow potatoes and fresh asparagus.

So I do my asparagus in the oven with olive oil and salt and pepper. What I'll talk about is the sauce.  It is wonderful with Hollandaise sauce but Dustin, being the king of sauces, gave me this recipe that I use also for fish......I actually use it for alot of things.  Great on fresh vegys.  Put one garlic clove and 1/4 cup of fresh squeezed lime juice in a blender (I use my mini Kitchen Aide Chopper Blender thing.........not really sure what it is but it works) Blend up with salt and pepper then slowly pour in a stick of melted butter.......blend real good.  You can keep the left over in the frig to warm up and use again and again.

Since it is raining again.......isn't that unusual!?!? I had to cook the steaks on the stove in the house.  I like the burner to be on high and really sear both sides of the steaks almost black and rare in the middle......the problem with this........it fills your kitchen with smoke!  I had to turn on the fan to be able to see Bob during our meal...........but it was well worth it!  He looked good and the steaks were wonderful!

No comments:

Post a Comment