Thursday, May 26, 2011

DODGING THE TORNADO'S! PORK SCALLOPINI

I am so happy to report.........we were surrounded by tornado's throughout the state but none came close.  I was completely prepared as Bob slept through the whole thing!  I sat up until midnight listening for that train to come through........but didn't happen. Thank goodness.  We are suppose to have some sunshine now. All of my little plants did survive the torrential rains......so now they should really shoot up! 

Yesterday I decided on one of my favorite meals.  Pork Scallopini.  I know, I said pork not veal. Veal is so scarce and so expensive and I don't care about eating little baby calf's............so I use boneless pork chops. Could also use chicken breasts.  Cut as much fat from your pork steak as possible, then hammered it out with your tenderizer until quite thin. Flour both sides. Brown on both sides in a little olive oil........doesn't take long.......then remove from the pan. Cover to keep warm. Hopefully you have a lot of little brown bits in your pan.  Add more olive oil and 2 smashed and chopped garlic cloves.  Remember garlic browns fast and if it burns...........there is no going back........toss it. To your sauteed garlic add a couple tsp of capers, saute more.  Now squeeze in the juice of a lemon and about 1/2 cup or more of white wine.........let this all cook down. When it as cooked down add about 1/4 cup of cold chopped butter, turn off the heat and beat with a whisk like mad.  The cold butter will act as a thickener. Serve this sauce over your pork steaks.  This is absolutely heavenly AND is my son, Dustins, recipe from his Chef days at Cabo Wabo!  He is a fantastic Chef!! So proud! 

No comments:

Post a Comment